Welcome back to the Your Cinema UK Box-office sales report, where we take a closer look at the films that are defining our industry at the moment as well as who’s really raking in the big bucks!
The numbers do not lie people, here’s this weeks Top Ten:
1. Black Panther, £17,700,000 from 585 sites (new)
2. Fifty Shades Freed, £2,730,197 from 587 sites. Total: £13,361,739 (two weeks)
3. The Shape of Water, £2,466,217 from 480 sites (new)
4. The Greatest Showman, £1,927,367 from 502 sites. Total: £30,414,668 (eight weeks)
5. Coco, £1,400,000 from 651 sites. Total: £15,256,165 (five weeks)
6. Early Man, £1,154,533 from 655 sites. Total: £8,540,993 (four weeks)
7. Darkest Hour, £553,150 from 386 sites. Total: £21,940,829 (six weeks)
8. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, £456,414 from 353 sites. Total: £37,197,072 (nine weeks)
9. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, £408,480 from 260 sites. Total: £11,366,703 (six weeks)
10. Maze Runner: The Death Cure, £326,033 from 334 sites. Total: £6,389,338 (four weeks)
So yes you guessed it! Black Panther takes the win this week raking in whopping £17,700,000 within its first week of release! – Remarkable! The blockbuster hit which has taken the globe by storm is currently showing at 585 sites across the UK with Fifty Shades grey dropping to second place as expected!
The only British film on this weeks list is Oscar nominated Darkest Hour which drops to seventh place after six weeks of bering in the Top Ten – still going strong Churchill!
With the release of Pacific Rim fast approaching starring our very own John Boyega we are keen to see how this release affects the current list!
Congratulations, to Marvel’s success in making it to number 1 of this weeks Top Ten, be sure to grab tickets and be wowed by the new Black Panther! #WakandaForever!
Until Next Week Tuesday Guys!