Welcome to the Your Cinema UK Box-office sales report, where we take a closer look at the films that are defining our industry at the moment as well as who’s really raking in the big bucks!
The numbers do not lie people, here’s this weeks top ten:
1. Fifty Shades Freed, £6,132,414 from 592 sites (new)
2. The Greatest Showman, £1,925,895 from 538 sites. Total: £26,106,298 (seven weeks)
3. Coco, £1,213,572 from 634 sites. Total: £11,674,613 (four weeks)
4. Early Man, £1,130,466 from 646 sites. Total: £5,306,430 (three weeks)
5. Darkest Hour, £980,172 from 512 sites. Total: £20,655,548 (five weeks)
6. Maze Runner: The Death Cure, £747,586 from 477 sites. Total: £5,472,654 (three weeks)
7. Den of Thieves, £599,326 from 396 sites. Total: £2,248,544 (two weeks)
8. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, £592,089 from 338 sites. Total: £10,599,221 (five weeks)
9. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, £564,716 from 400 sites. Total: £36,117,315 (eight weeks)
10. The Post, £471,794 from 367 sites. Total: £8,355,969 (four weeks)
A brilliant start for Fifty Shades Freed this week with it’s site wide arrival, being screened at 592 sites across the country! The UK market is up by 9% thanks to this blockbuster hit! – Thank you Mr. Grey!
Other openers such as The Mercy, a British film starring Colin Firth has raked in £301,138 from 254 sites in its first opening week but nothing can compare to Black Panther which is set to make a staggering amount of over £66 million in it’s opening week blowing pretty much every film on this list out of the water! – Wakanda Forever!
We hope to see much more British films making the Top Ten but for now congratulations to Fifty Shades Freed this time round which is out in cinemas everywhere so get your tickets!
Until next week Tuesday guys!