The Your Cinema UK Box Office report is back at it again! And as summer steadily approaches, we look forward to the blockbusters that will define 2018 in the cinematic world. Let us take a look at this weeks Top Ten list:
- Avengers: Infinity War | £10,143,580 from 652 cinemas | Total: £49,129,08 (2 weeks)
- I feel Pretty | £1,272,154 from 520 cinemas | Total: £1,272,154 (new)
- A Quiet Place | £395,33 from 462 cinemas | Total: £10,773,694 (5 weeks)
- The Guernsey Literacy… | £357,429 from 539 cinemas | Total: £4,294,094 (3 weeks)
- Rampage | £256,219 from 406 cinemas | Total: £8,323,117 (4 weeks)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (secret Cinema) | £231,271 from 1 cinema | Total: £2,417,817 (7 weeks)
- The Strangers: Prey At Night | £205,325 from 299 cinemas | Total: £205,325 (new)
- Tully | £138,674 from 200 cinema | Total: £138,674 (new)
- Peter Rabbit | £120,181 from 521 cinemas | Total: £39,850,737 (8 weeks)
- Mary And The Witch’s Flower | £119,129 from 78 cinemas | Total: £119,129 (new)
What an amazing year so far for the Disney franchise, releasing 2 blockbusters successess in sucsession and holding onto that number 1 slot for a 2nd week with Avengers: Infinity War, being screened at 652 cinemas nationwide, let’s see if this will follow a similar pattern to “Black Panther” and remain in the top position for as many weeks.
Also a good opening week for American comedy “I Feel Pretty” starring Amy Schumer which jumps right in at number 2 this week. “The Guernsey Literacy And Potato Peel Pie Society” (contender for number 1 spot on the longest film title ever list) hangs in the top 5 for yet another week, whilst “Peter Rabbit” still goes strong at number 9, and even with children fully back to school after the easter break, is still getting them numbers.
Lets see what happens on next weeks chart with the release of “Sherlock Gnomes” and of course “Entebbe” starring Nonso Anozie and Eddie Marsan, about the hijacking of an Air France flight from Tel-Aviv to Paris which was forced to make an emergency landing in Entebbe, Uganda.
Till next time!!!