South East London are putting on for emerging filmmakers through the Scenemakers Award with The Albany!
If you have an idea for a short film and need some support in getting it made they are offering £2,000 and mentoring support to bring your idea to life!
If you have an idea for a project they want to hear from you – Whether it’s a short film, documentary, music video, an animated film… Almost anything basically!
They’re looking for innovative, bold and unique ideas and they particularly welcome proposals on the following themes, which will be central to Lewisham’s Borough of Culture 2022 (which the Albany is a lead partner on):
- ‘Our Rich Culture’ – how migration has shaped Lewisham borough or Black Lives Matter and Equality
- Celebrating Nature and Climate Justice
- Activism, Social Change and Community Collaboration
- Music and its Power (our history of activism and music)
They also particularly welcome fresh ideas that enable accessibility for those with sight and hearing impairment and disabilities.
- Filmmakers aged 16-30 from South East London
- Filmmakers with an original concept that compliment the ethos of the Albany with a fresh, innovative and digital take
- All concepts must be maximum 8 minutes in length
Selected filmmakers will in turn receive:
- Support in developing the film with up to £2000 as a financial grant
- Tailored training and support with mentors who are experienced in the industry
- The opportunity to showcase their work on an online platform with exposure
- An opportunity to build their professional networks
Deadline to apply: 1st March
Click HERE to apply